How to Murder a Pumpkin in 10 Easy Steps

1. Find a pumpkin. Bond with it.

wpid-img_20141005_115256.jpg

You can find pumpkins right now at any grocery store but I prefer going to a pumpkin patch. The pumpkins in the patch are still attached to vines and have no idea they’re about to be gutted and have their corpse put on display. They’re like innocent little lambs in the pasture. Your killing will feel that much more personal if you abduct your pumpkin from this location.

2. Make spiked cider. You’ll need to be liquored up in order to murder your gourd baby.

wpid-img_20141006_100224.jpg

Mix together apple cider, cranberry juice, and dark rum. Toss in a few apple slices so it looks gourmet n’ shit. Pour yourself a glass, then a second, and so on and so forth…

3. Cut open the top of the pumpkin. Laugh maniacally.

wpid-img_20141006_093036.jpg

You should be no more than two cups of rum cider in before cutting open your orange captive’s cranium. The knife could be sharp and a trip to the emergency room is always a pain in the ass. Make sure after you lobotomize the pumpkin, you laugh like a cracked-out mad scientist for good measure.

4. Fist the pumpkin. You need to show it who’s boss.

wpid-img_20141006_092832.jpg

You don’t want your pumpkin to think it wears the pants in this relationship. Show it that you’re the dominant master by scooping out it’s flesh and seeds with your bare hands. Extra points if you call it your dirty little slave while doing so.

5. Separate the seeds and flesh.

wpid-img_20141006_100348.jpg

The seeds will be used for roasting and you can use the flesh for numerous other recipes. If you do not wish to eat the flesh you can also sew it into a mask and put it on your face. Then turn to your pumpkin hostage and mock him while he cries tears of horror. Collect those tears. They probably taste delicious.

6. Realize that you don’t have aluminum foil. Send your husband to the store.

wpid-img_20141006_095549.jpg

You’ve been meaning to buy aluminum foil but kept forgetting. It’s okay. Your husband is so excited for roasted pumpkin seeds he doesn’t even mind. Feel thankful that you have such a sexy, caring, giving man in your life. Remember this for later. He deserves a blow job. If you want to keep the autumn theme going, sprinkle nutmeg on his junk.

7. Drink more rum cider while you wait for your husband’s return.

wpid-img_20141006_095957.jpg

He said he was only going down the street but it’s now been 15 minutes. Come to terms with the fact that if he never comes home you still have spiked cider by your side. Add even more rum because it’s Sunday. Jesus died so we could drink alcohol. Thank you, Jesus.

8. Finally get aluminum foil. Roast the seeds.

wpid-img_20141006_095215.jpg

Heat oven to 300 degrees. Lay out foil onto a cookie sheet. Coat seeds in olive oil and Old Bay and spread onto foil. Add even more Old Bay because you’re a mother fucking Marylander. Put in oven for 20 minutes, flip seeds, then cook for another 20 minutes. Once cooled, eat one, then two, then 50. Next thing you know you’ve almost eaten an entire pumpkin’s worth of seeds because you’re caucasian and you have the pumpkin gene. Feel slightly obese. Drink more rum cider to drown your shame.

9. Carve the pumpkin.

wpid-img_20141005_193335.jpg

It wasn’t enough that you removed the seeds and flesh. Now you need to mutilate the face of your pumpkin so all other pumpkins know you’re the kingpin in this town. Choose a Halloween themed pattern and cut that bitch like it’s your highschool bully.

10. You are now finished. Put your candlelit victim on display.

wpid-img_20141005_192423.jpg

All killers keep trophies of their conquests and you’re no exception. Display your dead pumpkin for all your neighbors to see. Feel accomplished. Find another pumpkin next week and repeat steps 1-10. Smile evily and think to yourself that this will be the best October ever.

1. Kate @ Did That Just Happen?

I’ve spent years carving fake pumpkins, cause after all that hard work, I hate to toss it! Plus, the real ones get icky… but now I may have to show a real one who’s boss!

I have a fake pumpkin at home that I LOVE. Got it from Michaels and I like that it will last forever.
      Its just not the same as getting a real one and doing all the work. Plus… roasted pumpkin seeds…

2. thehonkinggoose

Love this. You are hilarious and brilliant – rock on!

Thank you! Just trying to pass on my DIY skillz to those in need.

3. R. G. Tamaki

This is the best DIY I’ve read!

Sooooo does that mean you’re going to try it for yourself?

1. R. G. Tamaki

Of course not. I’m gonna give this to my girlfriend, highlighting the remember-the-blowjob part.

If you don’t have nutmetg I’m sure cinnamon sugar would work just as well.

You use so many of the things…I am much more wasteful of a murderer.

Native Americans use every part of the animal so we’re pretty similar. Soon I’ll even open my own casino.

And I will stop by to lose money at your casino.

Every gambler gets 10 free chips if they smile. So I guess that means no chips for you… huh?

No chips for me. Except maybe buffalo chips. It’s been a while since I smiled. Is never a long time ago?

Never say never. Pretty sure if you hung upside down your frown would look like a smile.

I’m sure it would creep out a lot of people though.

I see three things when I look at your carving: a spider, a scorpion with its tail coiled, and a very limber stripper. The fact that there are 8 appendages pretty much makes me eliminate the last two possibilities, but maybe, just maybe, the stripper is wearing a costume…

Hahaha! I just went back to try to see if I could also make out the last two. I can see the scorpion. The stripper… not so much.

Must be a guy thing.

Fisting that bitch, huh? I guess we’re blessed that there’s no shot of your husband pumping the hell out of it with his hydraulics. God bless you and your fetid imagination.

My wife is in California this week so I have plenty of time to load up on the cinnamon, nutmeg, and K-Y.

Oh, sorry about the last one, that wasn’t on the menu.

I’m disturbed but feel the need to suggest adding whipped cream. Have fun.

Sorry that I upset you. Two questions: did you see my post to your uterus piece? And Redi Whip or Cool Whip?

Redi Whip is easier to apply. Cool Whip you have to plop on with a spoon. However, it is more creamy.
          No, I’ll check it out now.

My thoughts as well. Also I like the sound. But…one could forego the spoon and stick one’s junk into the container. Just sayin’.

7. susielindau

This is hysterical!!!
    I want to murder a pumpkin!!!

Please do! Let me know how it goes.

8. Jess R.

I can’t wait to murder my pumpkin and then have it sit out in the California sun 🙂

Murdering your pumpkin and then let it rot in the heat.
      That is pure evil.

9. ~Lisa~

Cute blog, not only a recipe and how to but funny as hell…~!!

Thanks! I never thought I’d have so much fun creating a how-to.

11. Pingback: The DIY Bug | Fits of Wit