A Year of Marriage

Today is my first wedding anniversary.

1506420_979238711133_1005060213_n

Like our wedding, it’s been a year full of fun.

1469969_979235118333_722741766_n

A year full of geekery.

1509129_979030982423_1871424669_n

A year full of random dancing and dipping in the kitchen.

530546_978998522473_1589192050_n

A year full of cheesily matching one another’s outfits.

1488213_979231585413_2028859383_n

A year full of celebrating the little things.

1526673_978987394773_800135213_n

A year full ofย improving our vows.

994409_978978712173_497928100_n

A year full of protecting each other.

1486646_979233247083_720285467_n

I used to think marriage was the end. I was wrong. It’s the beginning.

1526149_978987384793_1899052796_n

As Iย sit here next to my spouse on our anniversary in a fancy hotel room we probably can’t afford, I feel nothing but gratitude for every silly little second of the past 365 days. Every Thursday we’ve dubbed our Scandal and wine night, every weekend we begrudgingly spent cleaning, every time I get frustrated that food doesn’tย cook itself… I cherish it all.

December 7th is the day we will always celebrate but it’s each day we surprise one another and put each other before our own needs that truly deserves the glory.

1470314_978998472573_967399923_n

Photo Credit: Brittany Thomas Photography

Happy Day. And WTF are you doing posting and not ….ing?

Sweet!

I happened to write this while we were eating breakfast, thank you very much.
      But thanks for your concern.

Don’t pay me no mind. I’m just jealous. What I remember about my 1st anniversary 26 years ago was that I had to work in VA and my bride was working that summer in Tokyo. The story of my life.

2. Alanna

Congrats!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you.

Happy anniversary! You look beautiful together, and clearly you have a lot of fun together – so many couples forget to have fun don’t they, and it’s SOOO important. Wishing you many many many more years of fun together! ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks! Having fun and acting like big kids is SO important!
      Never take life too seriously ๐Ÿ™‚

Totally agree – me and my other half sometimes break into impromptu musicals in the kitchen – singing and dancing, not real musicals that exist already, but ones we just make up on the spot based on something that’s happening in the kitchen, like the toast burning – ahh, such fun! ๐Ÿ™‚

It’s a day for you two that will live in infamy. Congratulations and keep on rockin’ the wedded bliss!

5. hbusse

long time follower and first time commenter:
    awwwww!

haha Thank you. I will accept your awwwww with open arms.

6. annieemmy

You two are adorable.

Blushing. Thanks.

7. NotAPunkRocker

Happy anniversary! I love the pictures and the geekery <3

Long live geeks!

8. labellechloe

Awwwwwwmazing!!! Love those pictures and how well you guys look together!! And THAT fascinator… just perfect! Congrats to both of u ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you.

9. hopemccain

Congrats and happy anniversary. I recently celebrated my second and I’m still trying to understand the people who claim it’s all downhill after the wedding, as I have loved every minute of being married.

Also, LOVE the superhero pic. I’m honestly a little jealous my husband didn’t do something like that at our wedding. ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks so much. I agree. So many people are cynical about marriage. It’s sad.

You guys are awesome. I bet you make each other laugh all the time.

Thanks Bitter Ben! I’m sure your life is full of lots of laughter as well. You know, in between hating the weather, and internet, and all around environment and such.

My wife has heard all my material, so I am constantly having to come up with new stuff. And it is bombing. There is always the kids…

11. Very Bangled

Too cute! Congrats on the anniversary. I’m not certain but I *think* you have officially been married longer than all of Kim Kardashians various weddings. Next goal? Married long than all her weddings combined ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m pretty sure I got that challenge in the bag.

I’m digging the shoes he is wearing and the Avenger’s masks. Although, he does seem to be wearing mittens in all those photos and you (in several of them) are traipsing around with bared legs and arms, leading one (that one being me, of course) to believe that either you are immune to cold or fashionable photos are more important than warmth. Congrats.

Fashion over function. Always.

That’s the phrasing I was looking for. Darn my ADD/ADHD/SAS for messin.. ew.. a squirrel.

It was in the low 40s so yes, I was freezing my ass off.

13. Pingback: Mix and Match Monday | Fits of Wit