Balls Deep In DC

A few days ago the husband and I decided that the best way to celebrate Labor Day weekend was to do the opposite of labor… act like children. We hopped on the metro and ended up at the National Building Museum in DC. With a ballpit installation ending in a few days time, it was the perfect way to relax in a musty smelling pool of plastic balls most likely swarming with traces of Ebola.

I had balls on my face.

Washington DC 2015 042

Balls in my hair.

11890970_10100389574631633_7485495448753820279_n

I remained smiling even though there were balls everywhere.

Washington DC 2015 038

I danced in the balls.

Washington DC 2015 048

Got trapped in a heap.

Washington DC 2015 054

I drowned in a sea that was literally balls deep.

Washington DC 2015 052

Never grow up.

Washington DC 2015 064

Would YOU rendezvous in a ball pit with 400 other sweaty bodies? What do you think the odds are that I’ve contracted MRSA? Maybe we should have stuck with a cookout.

Visited the Building Museum about 12 or 13 years ago with a dear group of friends–some who are no longer with us. I would DEFINITELY go balls deep with them. MRSA be damned. I am proud of you.

1. FitsofWit (Post author)

Sounds like a special time. It’s a gorgeous place.

2. pointlessboob

Are you nuts? You’ve seriously gotta have a lotta balls, to go leaping into a pit full of the plague. #HeyOh

1. FitsofWit (Post author)

Hey now, don’t get testey.

1. pointlessboob

Sorry – low hanging fruit.

3. PDP Mike

Dang! I wish I would have known this was going on this past weekend. I was Wife and kid free for 5 whole days. I would have definitely made time to play with some balls

1. FitsofWit (Post author)

The National Building Museum has an interactive exhibit every summer. Maybe next year they’ll have something even greater than balls.

4. the home tome

Awesome. They look like bubbles in a bubble bath. I’d definitely like to add a glass of bubbly to that experience…cheers!

1. FitsofWit (Post author)

For a $16 admission, champagne would have been appreciated.

5. NotAPunkRocker

I wish I had known about this too, would have been the perfect end to a cruddy week!

1. FitsofWit (Post author)

I’m sorry. You could always make your own ball pit. Or use what you have on hand. Ramen noodles, legos, q-tips…

6. Uncustomary Art

I was actually kind of disappointed by the ball pit. It wasn’t as big or deep as I was expecting, and the tickets run out really quick. I might be spoiled, though, because my friend has a rainbow adult sized ball pit in her basement.

1. FitsofWit (Post author)

Your friend’s is obviously better. How is it “adult size?” Deeper?

Looks awesome.. however, my OCD germaphobia would be on high alert and I think I would be bathing in Purell for the next month.