Making My Way Round The Interwebs

Over the past few months I’ve focused more on freelance writing than blogging. It’s been a roller coaster ride full of rejections and the occasional high of an acceptance. But I knew that if I didn’t put myself out there I’d never know my potential.

The highs and lows of freelance writing.

The highs and lows of freelance writing.

I also discovered that the more I write, the easier it becomes to share painful experiences. It’s basically free therapy and who doesn’t like free shit?

With that being said, I am proud to have a very personal piece published today on xoJane. It’s a part of my life I’ve never shared in extent, even to some of my close friends and family. It’s far easier to express myself in writing than face to face. I don’t know why. It’s one of those unexplained things, like Donald Trump’s hair.

giphy10

So if you’re in the mood to read a gritty, xoJane-y piece, click here.

Coincidentally, I have another article out today on In the Powder Room. It’s personal, too. But in more of a ridiculously sexy kinda way. Click here to read.

And if you’re ever in the mood to discuss something personal or painful, write it down. When you’re finished, do with it what you will. Toss it or keep it. It can only help.

• gifs found at giphy.com.

1. Jessie Reyna

Congrats!! This is exciting news! I can’t wait to read both pieces 🙂

1. FitsofWit (Post author)

Thanks.

2. the home tome

Bravo! Just read the xo story – very powerful.

1. FitsofWit (Post author)

Thank you. It took me forever to get the tone just right.

3. PDP Mike

Your Xo Jane article was powerful. So sorry for your experience.

1. FitsofWit (Post author)

No need to be sorry. It made me who I am today.

1. PDP Mike

Fair enough

4. Spoken Like A True Nut

Wow. It’s hard enough to see a friend in an abusive relationship and not be able to convince them to leave, let alone a parent. I can’t even imagine what kind of hell that must have been, but I’m glad you broke the silence and got it out there.

1. FitsofWit (Post author)

Thank you. Breaking the silence was freeing and I felt this is the perfect point in my life to finally to reveal.

I’m gonna give them both a good read later. And by the way, congrats on both of them. That’s pretty amazing that you got some great news after some rejections.

1. FitsofWit (Post author)

Rejections are an unavoidable part of a writer’s life. Bleh.

Someone needs to change that. All authors should get approvals all the time so they will keep writing good stuff.

Glad to see you’re developing your voice. Impactful writing. And I also (as you know) appreciated the dessert.

1. FitsofWit (Post author)

Thank you.

7. pieterk515

congrats! always great to get credit when credit’s due. Or is that give credit…anyhow.

1. FitsofWit (Post author)

Both, me thinks.

Hey, just read your piece on XO Jane. Such a brave thing to write. And way to get a piece of your soul back. I seriously can not stand people who are abusive. I’m glad your mom got peace in her last few years. And you are taking yours back!

1. FitsofWit (Post author)

Thank you for reading.

So that’s where you have gone too… I’ve been looking into doing some short story publications myself (fictional), sadly, my time is limited to school work, homework, schoolwork, work work.. and I feel I’m missing something… oh, yeah, the wife. 😀
    Congrats on the freelance stuff, and I’m totally with the ‘free therapy’ thing (I just change the names and call it fiction).

And, just got done reading your first piece. At the end, you said his name was changed… I’m not so sure about that. I think you nailed it right on the … ehem… head.

1. FitsofWit (Post author)

LOL Thanks.

2. FitsofWit (Post author)

SO GLAD I don’t have school work. Bleh. Kudos to you.
      You can totally do it. Just have to substitute time you’d usually spend doing something else to writing. For me, it was cleaning the house and working out. Whoops! :-/

I’ve already ditched those two things.. the only space I think I have left to get rid of anything is in the ‘sleep, sex, and food’ area. Looks as if sleep and food are just going to have to go…

1. FitsofWit (Post author)

Ba dum tss!!!

Well, if you don’t end on a rimshot.. wait.. um.. o.O